Everyone is well aware that Apple is known particularly for its amazing security benefits. People use phones to access personal and private information. Private details include credit card details, Venmo statements, bank details and more, the list is quite long.
We are also well-informed about hackers or cybercriminals. They are using people’s personal information for their own benefit. We need a way out of this. It would be very frustrating if there is no easy way to lock down certain applications with a passcode.
iPhones are designed keeping users in mind. It has some built-in applications, but some apps contain sensitive information which you don’t want to share with anyone. Thus, the iPhone ensures you a passcode lock on the application.
We will discuss more about how to passcode lock an app on iphone.
Steps on How to Passcode Lock an App on iPhone
Apple does not have any official method to lock sensitive apps with a passcode. If you want your app to be inaccessible, you can use the app limits feature.
The steps are given below:
- First, you have to open the Settings app and choose the Screen Time option.
- After that, make sure to enable Screen Time. You can just choose the Use Screen. Tap on the Admit, and then Add Limit option.
- Now, you have to select the category that you want. For instance, if you want to lock the Photos app, then you will find it in the Creativity category.
- Click on the app that you want to select and then click on Next. After that, choose 1 min at the slider where you have selected the time.
- Now, tap on the Add option and uncheck the Block At End Of Limit.
- In case you want to add further apps, then you can go to the Add Limit steps again. Or else you can exit the Screen Time Interface.
- Your device will detect if the time limit set expires, and you will be informed. After that, you can use your app for 1 min. As the time is over, you need to enter the screen time passcode to continue with the app. With the help of a passcode, you can prevent unwanted access to your iPhone.
How to Use the Passcode Locked App?
After you have placed App Limits to lock the app that you want to be inaccessible, to access the app, you have to tap the Ask For More Time option. Now, you need to put the passcode in place, and then you can use them for the duration you want. However, you cannot immediately lock the app again. And, you have to re-do the entire App Limit Setup.
Even though it is one of the best ways to keep your personal details safe and secure. Still, there are certain limitations that you must know. And, they are listed below:
- Except for the phone app, other applications can be passcode locked.
- You won’t find any option to turn off the access to the phone app.
- If you are trying to use messages or FaceTime, you need to edit the Always Allowed section of screen time. This will remove the limits to enable. If you don’t want to, then you can disable the access.
- You won’t be able to see the notification of the locked app.
Use Touch ID for the App
Not all apps support touch ID; apps like Google Drive, and Microsoft Outlook, Support Touch ID. If you want to find out which app supports Touch ID, you have to go to Settings first. Then, check if there is any reference to the touch ID.
If any app has not implemented Touch ID, then you cannot set up Touch ID for any apps. To turn on the Touch ID you have to go to the Settings and then tap Passcode followed by touch ID.
Use Face ID For Apps
Just like Touch ID, only a few apps have the capabilities for face ID. You can follow the given steps to figure out which app can use Face ID. Just go to the Settings, choose the Face ID & Passcode and finally enter your iPhone passcode.
After that, search for Face ID, followed by selecting Other Apps. Finally, toggle the apps that you use Face ID for unlocking. Additionally, you can also use the Face ID option.
Add a Passcode to Non-Apple Apps
You can also add a passcode to non-apple apps. And, the steps to do so are given:
- Going to your account in Dropbox you can set the passcode for any app.
- Now, go to the Settings and turn on the Passcode, and you will be able to set the passcode.
- After that, you can set the Touch ID or Face ID
So, this is all about how to passcode lock an app on an iPhone. All the information with every detail is given. And, you don’t have to face any difficulties with the steps or processes. Some more information related to how to passcode lock an app on iPhone is also well explained.