If you want to customize your iPhone home screen, you might wonder how to rename an app on your iPhone. Renaming an app can help you organize your apps better, or just make them look more fun.
In this article, we will show you two ways to rename apps on iPhone: using Shortcuts and changing the app name and icon.
Using Shortcuts to Rename Apps on iPhone & iPad
Shortcut is an app that lets you create and run custom actions on your iPhone or iPad. You can use Shortcuts to rename any app on your device, even the ones that come pre-installed.
Here are the steps to rename an app using Shortcuts:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or you can also choose an iPad. If you don’t have it, you can try to download it from the App Store.
- First, you have to tap on the + icon which is present at the top right corner to create a new shortcut.
- Next, you have to select Add Action and search for the option Open App. Next, you have to tap on it to add it to your shortcut.
- Tap on the option Choose and select the app that you would like to rename from the list of apps.
- Now, tap you have to tap on the … icon at the top right corner to edit your shortcut details.
- Tap on the down arrow which would be present next to the shortcut name and tap on Rename. Now, you have to type in the new name that you want for your app and tap on Done.
- You also have to tap on Add to Home Screen and follow the instructions which would help you to add the shortcut to your home screen. If required, you can also change the shortcut icon by tapping on it and choosing a different image or color.
- Finally, tap on Done to finish creating your shortcut. You will see the shortcut with the new name on your home screen. If required, you can tap on it to open the app.
How to Rename and Change the Icon of Installed Apps?
Another way to rename an app on the iPhone is to change the app name and icon directly. This method works for any app that you have installed from the App Store. However, it requires you to have a third-party app called Icon Changer.
Here are the steps to rename and change the icon of an app using Icon Changer:
- Download and install Icon Changer from the App Store. It is a free app that lets you customize your app icons and names.
- Next, you have to open the Icon Changer and tap on Create Icon.
- Try to locate the app that you want to rename on your home screen and tap on it.
- You have to tap on the app name, and next, type in the new name that you want for your app. Next, you have to tap on Done.
- If you want to change the app icon, you have to tap on the icon, and then, select a new icon from your Photos or Files app. Otherwise, you can also use the built-in icons or stickers in the Icon Changer.
- You have to tap on Install and follow the instructions to add the new icon to your home screen. You will need to allow Icon Changer to install a profile on your device. Basically, this is safe and necessary for the icon to work.
- Finally, you have to tap on the Done option to finish creating your new icon. You will find that the new icon with the new name will appear on your home screen. You can tap on it to open the app.
Note: The original app icon will still remain on your home screen. You can hide it in a folder or on another page if you don’t want to see it.
Renaming an app on an iPhone can be a fun and easy way to personalize your home screen. Moreover, you can use Shortcuts or Icon Changer to rename any app on your device. Both methods have their pros and cons, so you can choose the one that suits you best. We hope this article helped you learn how to rename an app on an iPhone.