Awesome stickers and filters available on Snapchat might compel you to download and install the app on your iPhone. The App Store offers an iOS-compatible Snapchat app for iPhone users. However, you might discover that your iPhone might not accept Snapchat to get downloaded or installed.
Why won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? Numerous causes might be responsible for that. For example, it might be a temporary glitch, network issues, insufficient storage, outdated software, Apple ID problems, etc. Well, don’t freak out, as many users have suffered from the same instance.
Fortunately, we have listed several proven solutions to eliminate the Snapchat download issue. Try them in the provided order and check which one works for you.
- Reboot Your iPhone
Why won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? A temporary glitch might be bothering your iPhone. To avoid software bugs in the App Store or other onboard services, it’s better to restart your device.
If it’s an iPhone X or a later model, then you should go through the following steps to reboot your system:
- Long-press the Power or Side and Volume Down buttons of your iPhone simultaneously.
- Drag the appearing power slider on your iPhone screen. The device should shut down within 30 seconds.
- To restart your phone, simply hold the Side or Power button of the iPhone.
Try the following guidelines for an iPhone 8, Second-generation iPhone SE, or an older variant:
- Hold the Power or Sleep/Wake button only.
- Drag the power slider on your iPhone’s screen.
- Wait for a while, and then turn it on by holding the Power button again.
Test if you can download and install Snapchat on your iPhone.
- Double-Check the Internet Connection
Perhaps, you are trying to download the application at the wrong time. Chances are there that your iPhone is not connected to a stable and strong internet connection right now. Therefore, you can wait for the connection to be strong enough to continue the download process using the Wi-Fi connection.
On the other hand, you should switch to a Wi-Fi connection in case you have been utilising mobile data. This small trick might help you accelerate the download speed, and the app might start getting downloaded in no time.
- Escape Restrictions Set in the Screen Time Feature
Why won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? It might have something to do with the Screen Time configurations. Follow the steps below to eradicate the issue:
- Navigate to Settings and scroll down to locate Screen Time.
- Tap on Screen Time and hit the ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions’ option.
- Disable the Content & Privacy Restrictions option by toggling it off.
- If you are OK with the restrictions, then simply tap on iTunes & App Store Purchases only.
- Go for the Allow option if it’s set to Don’t Allow. Otherwise, tap on Don’t Allow if the Allow option is ticked.
After that, you can go back to the App Store and try installing Snapchat. Check if this works or if the issue still persists.
- Manage Your iPhone Storage
Why won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? Not enough storage space might be the answer. If your iPhone has less available storage space, then it won’t allow you to download any more applications.
So, you have to check how much storage space is left on your iPhone using the following steps:
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- Head towards iPhone Storage, and it will allow you to see the available storage.
- Your iPhone should have at least 750 MB of storage space for optimal functioning. If your iPhone doesn’t have that much space, then you can free up some space.
- Consider offloading particular apps that you use rarely. Otherwise, you can delete a few apps.
- Clear Cache of the App Store
Apart from offloading any app anonymously, it will be better to offload the App Store. This will get rid of the cache on that app.
Here’s what you have to follow to clear the cache from the App Store:
- Open up Settings and head over to General.
- Next, tap on iPhone Storage.
- Select App Store from the list of available apps.
- After that, tap the Offload App option.
Explore the App Store again and try to install Snapchat again.
- Check the Payment Method on App Store
Snapchat is a free app for installation on iOS devices. Still, you should set up the right payment method on the App Store. Or else, you might come across issues with downloading or installing any app using the App Store.
Here’s how you can check whether any of the payment files have failed, declined, or expired:
- Navigate to the App Store. Tap on the profile icon.
- Proceed with tapping on your Apple ID.
- Hit the Manage Payments option.
- Furthermore, tap the payment method.
- Check whether the information provided there is updated. Edit them if you find them outdated.
- You can also add a new payment method to your Apple ID if you’re facing trouble with the existing one.
- Sign Out and Log Into App Store Again
Why won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? Issues with Apple ID and App Store can lead to the same consequence. However, users have reported that this specific method has relieved them from this infinite loop.
Here’s how you can sign out of the App store and log back into the App Store:
- Launch the Settings application on your phone.
- Tap on the section where your name appears.
- Scroll down until you can notice the Sign Out option. Tap on Sign Out.
- You need to enter your Apple ID and related credentials to sign out of the iPhone.
- Switch your iPhone off and restart it after a while.
- Try signing back into your Apple ID with all the required information. In addition, check all the payment details if they are right.
Now, try to install Snapchat on your iPhone through the App Store.
- Update the iPhone’s Software
Your iPhone needs to be operating on the latest version of iOS. Otherwise, it won’t be compatible with Snapchat’s latest version. For installing Snapchat, an iPhone should be running on iSO 12 or later.
So, update your iPhone’s software if you can’t download Snapchat:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings and hit General.
- You should connect your iOS device to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Software Update option and check whether an update is available.
- If available,opt for the Download and Install option.
The overall process might take up a considerable amount of time. Once it’s done, you can install Snapchat on your iPhone.
- Reset Your iPhone
This is probably the last solution to fix the issue immediately. Why won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? There might be a critical bug that might be restricting your iPhone from downloading Snapchat.
Make sure to back your iPhone’s data up to avoid unnecessary data loss. Try resetting your iPhone using the steps below:
- Go to the General option under Settings.
- Select the option that says, ‘Transfer or Reset iPhone’.
- Next, confirm the prompt, and your iPhone will be reset.
Restore your data from the backed-up storage. Now, you can try downloading Snapchat.
What if Nothing Works?
You might still be stuck on: What won’t Snapchat download on my iPhone? It’s better to report the issue to both Apple and Snapchat customer support. Hopefully, they will resolve the problem.
Leave a Reply